27 April, 2011

{30 days}

i just realized today that in 30 short days my very best friend on this entire planet is moving. i've known since last fall that this day was coming and to be perfectly honest i've been pretending it's not really going to happen. but it is. and it's happening in 30 days.

i've known jean for about 12 years and we quickly became bff's. although we have many of the same awesome qualities and characteristics, we are completely different in other areas. people confuse us for the other...even though we really don't look anything alike. we're both loud. we're both hilarious! we're both stunningly gorgeous! she can sing like an angel...the angels ask me not to sing. she has a zillion friends...i have a handful of close friends. she can put on a happy face...i can not. she's a softy...i don't put up w/much. she makes friends quickly and easily...i take a little longer to open myself up to others. she likes the taste of yellow play dough...i do not.

i've been trying to figure out what i'm going to do jean no longer lives 20 minutes away and can meet up for some grocery shopping or just to grab a soda and chat after a long day. truthfully, i don't know what i'm going to do knowing that i won't be able to see her whenever i want to.

i know i'm a grown woman w/a husband and children, and you might think that she's "just" a friend, but she's so much more. jean is the sister i never had. god sent her into my life knowing she was the kind of friend i needed to help smooth some of my rough edges. jean is the 2nd person i call when something awesome has just happened or when something crappy has just happened. we raised our kids together and spent many hours in chuck e. cheese and mcdonald's playlands sharing our lives together. our lives are intertwined and i'm so thankful for her friendship.

i think i'm going to have a shirt made that says "part of my heart is in derby"...would that be weird?!

5 comments:

Candy Graber said...

This made me cry, you girls have something so special in each other! I love you both!

Jeano said...

Sweet, sweet friend.
I love you so very much and I don't give a care if people think we are weird. God smushed our hearts together good. I flat adore you. This is going to suck!!!! Jeano

Jenny said...

So sad for you! But God will use this & you will be better for it somehow....some way! May you have peace as your time together comes to a close-up bless you both!

Anonymous said...

Tonya - Your blog brought tears to my eyes. I totally know how you feel. About 7 years ago, my BFF got married and moved out of state. I couldn't even give the toast at her wedding without crying. I felt I would be lost w/o her and couldn't imagine life w/o her so close. Right now we only get to see each other once a year, if we are lucky. We both have survived as I am sure you will. Thank goodness for e-mail and phones. Best of luck and remember a friend is always a friend no matter where they are.
-Kristin Coon

Bobbie said...

My Best friend is also moving in a month. It is so heart breaking but I'm so happy for them. Can I have a shirt made that says, "my heart is in Ventura?"