19 December, 2008

Deep thoughts from a 4 yr old...

Yesterday we drove by a cemetery where a graveside service was taking place. I commented how sad it was and Eli asked me what was going on. I told him someone had died and they were having a funeral. My sweet, tender-hearted little boy just began to cry {ya know the quite, chin-trembling, tears streaming down the face cry}. Then he started saying, over and over, that he doesn't want to die. It was so sad! I wanted to just pull the car over, wrap him in my arms and promise him that he wouldn't die for a VERY long time.

Then, last night, the kids were at my BFF's for the evening and Eli had another "death" meltdown. Jean's sweet, little Luke went out to her saying that Eli was very sad and missed Uncle Francis {Rich's uncle who died 2 1/2 yrs ago}. That got Luke goin' and Luke was crying about missing his great-grandma. Both those sweet, little guys just hugged each other and cried together!

After Eli had been in bed for a little bit, he got up and came downstairs with the saddest look on his face. He crawled up in my lap and just cried and wouldn't say a word. I took him back up to his bed and tried to get him to talk to me. When he did finally start talking, he just kept saying that he didn't want to die. It took everything in me not to totally breakdown and sob with him. Poor little guy!

I'm tellin' ya, if he's this emotional at 4, I just might take an extended vacation during his teen years!

2 comments:

Jeano said...

I am already packing my bags.
You should have seen those 2 holding each other up while they were crying. I don't think it will be the last time they are holding each other up. I just hope they have more times laughing as opposed to crying.

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

What a tender little guy. So sweet. And what an awesome opportunity to talk to him about heaven and the future. I never get tired of hearing about stories of what he does. What a cool little dude!

I hope you are doing well friend! Christmas is coming soon. Are you ready? I'm sure not! But it's fun though - the business. Love ya!! Stay warm!